Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's and Flu Update

We had a sweet Valentine's here at our home!  Josh and I laughed because with two kids even just the stay-at-home Valentine's night was completely turned upside down.  Amelia was still not feeling great so she cried the majority of the night and wanted to be held.  I made a shrimp dip earlier in the day for our appetizer.  We enjoyed the early evening sitting out on the patio in the wonderful weather with both of our girls eating our appetizer (Amelia was a bundled up!).  After that, it all broke loose.  We grilled one steak which we didn't eat until several hours later with NO sides.  :)  Josh cut my steak up in bite size pieces so I could eat while holding Amelia.  What a sweetie!!  Here are a few recent pics. 
The girls' Valentine's goodie baskets. 
Out of order picture but Amelia is getting so big.  Did I mention she is 11 lbs 10 oz already?  She is seven weeks and growing so fast!
The girls in the Valentine's outfits.  I couldn't really get a good picture. 
Sisterly love.  I am happy to report that the hitting has really subsided and there is a lot of love...almost a bit too much.  Avery says "Hold it" when she wants you to hold her or hold Amelia.  The other day I heard "Hold it...neck, neck, neck" and looked back...she had Prisca, the cat, by her neck.  Shocked that Prisca didn't hiss at her.
Avery even tries to give Amelia her puppy.
We try the swing a little bit each day...I am determined to make her love this swing. 

It seems Amelia is finally starting to feel a little better each day.  Unfortunately, her thrush is still here and doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.  Please say a prayer for little Amelia!!  

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment