Friday, September 14, 2012

First Day of Preschool 2012

I am going to make a concerted effort to get back on track with blogging.  I might even actually try "blogging" and not just picture sharing.  For now, here are the girls first day of Preschool.  This was Amelia's first year and Avery's second.  Avery was definitely an "old pro."  Amelia did really well; she didn't even cry when we left her.  She took a nap too which was a huge feat since Avery had to have her back rubbed last year to go to sleep.  So needless to say, Avery was pretty spoiled by her sweet teachers last year so she hasn't napped much this year.  Avery's class is definitely encouraging them to grow up which makes me sad, but I also love to see what she is learning. 

On another note, Avery is saying the most hysterical things these days.  She says "actually" a lot.  She said "Mommy, do you know what is totally gross?"  I said "no what?"  Avery: "Coffee."  Don't know where she got that from, but I guess I can't agree with her more.  The other day I was asking her to put her shoes in her room, and she said "I'm on it."  Just cracked me up! 

Amelia is also talking up a storm too.  She has latched on to a bunny that she got at Easter, but the funny part is that she calls it "Money."  She goes around the house saying "Money, Money" in a precious, high-pitched voice.  She also puts the word "me" in front of most everything.  "Me Pass (for pacifier), "Me Money," "Me Poop."  She is a hoot.  Her facial expressions in these pictures from school are hysterical.  She really is such a happy, easy-going baby.  I guess she is a baby for a few more months...boohoo!

Posing at the house.  Amelia was not into the picture taking.  

Cracking me up

Walking into school.  Notice how Amelia's backpack is in the center of her calves.  She would not let me hold the handle to lighten the load.  She said "no,no, no Mommy."  Cheap mommy wasn't going to spend $10 less for the preschool backpack that would only last one year at most.  

Avery getting to see one of her best girlies, another Avery!

So happy they are in the same class again.  

We were thrilled Josh got to come this year.  

Amelia in her new class room just checking things out.  

Not sure what to think, but she never fussed.  Just kept her hands in her mouth a lot.  I am sure we will be getting some wonderful sicknesses soon.  :)

Went back to check-in with Avery and she was already building a train.  

She looked at me and said "Mommy, can I stay in my class?"  She was so happy to be back in school.

On the baby front, all is going well so far with Baby #3.  Going to have the big ultrasound on October 5th, but we are still not finding out the sex and we are still so excited about it so don't try to talk me into it.  :)   Avery is determined to have another baby sister and even decided her name should be Jilla or Ariel.  Sorry folks those names will not be making the cut,  but it does make us laugh.  I really started feeling the baby move last week, and I swear he/she used both feet to kick at once while I was watching "The Voice."  It made me jump.  Can't wait for the end of January but treasuring all the moments of a family of four!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment