Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here it is...

Ok, it is official...we can finally share.  Thank you to all of you and your wonderful prayers because Josh was offered a job at Marathon Oil here in Houston!!!  We are so excited.  He will be a Land Analyst and all of his education and skills over the last two years on the road will definitely pay off.  It is all worth it.  It is crazy to think that next week he will have been on the road for two years.  It has definitely had it ups and downs.  He has worked for fantastic people and learned so very much, but the downside was definitely being away from me and Avery.  We sure missed him, and I know he hated leaving Avery each week and missing all of the fun.  He will begin the job on February 15th.  God has been so faithful to hear our prayers, and we thank each of you for keeping us in your daily prayers. 

On a completely different note, Josh and I have decided to get in shape together!!!  We started this week the Couch to 5K program.  My dear friend, Bonnie, has encouraged me to run so here it goes.  Over the next nine weeks, we will run/walk three days a week.  I am actually very excited about it.  I have completed one day and Josh has completed two.  We promise to keep you updated with our progress because we need you all to hold us accountable.  At the end of the nine weeks, we should be running consistently a 5K (3 miles).  We pray for nothing to get in our way of our goal! 

2 comments:

  1. That is SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!! Congrats to all of you!! My husband is a pilot and I totally understand how tough it is when you have a husband on the road. That I just so happy for you!!

    I can't wait to hear how your new running program goes...I need to do something like that in a BIG WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what my brain did in that crazy sentence above. LOL!! I AM JUST so happy for you! I think I need a nap. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete