Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here's to the New Year!

Happy New Year!  I hope this finds each of you well and that you all had a wonderful Christmas.   We had a great holiday season.  Avery's first Christmas was so much fun.  Despite the fact that Avery didn't notice the tree too much, she loved banging on all of the packages.  It has been quite a while since I have posted so we have a lot of pictures to share.  We pray that 2010 brings you all many more blessings this year.

 
We had a snow day on December 4, 2009.  Though we did not get that much at home, we took Avery outside to feel the snow.  It was precious.


Avery holding her first Christmas ball one Sunday after church.  It was a cold day so she was bundled in this precious outfit from one of my friend's at work.


"Do you want my ball?"

The week before Christmas we celebrated with my family in Galveston.  We had a ball.  Carson and Avery are starting to play more and more with each other.  It is so cute to watch.


Avery was getting a little excited and Carson has this look on his face like "What is wrong with her?"


We bundled the kids up and took them to the Festival of Lights.  It was really cool and will be fun to take the kiddos back when they get older.  This MomZ and Pops (my parents) with their grandchildren.


Avery was all bundled up, and then I put my scarf around her too.  It was really cold.


My sister, Kristin and her husband, Andrew with Carson.  Carson kept making animal noises every time we saw an animal that he knew the sound it made.  


The next morning we took Avery for some shelling.  We had her all bundled up because of the wind.

Look at our little sheller!  She loves her sunglasses. 

This is a bad picture, but Josh had Avery a special present that I didn't know about.  He wanted her to open them on Christmas Eve morning.  He got her John Deere pink boots for the Rodeo.  They were precious and such a sweet gift from her Daddy.


My sweet husband got me a new Nikon DSLR camera for Christmas.  This was my first photo that I took of our dog, Hagen.  She is a good subject.

We celebrated with Josh's family on Christmas Eve.  We went to the Candlelight service at our church, Sugar Creek Baptist.  After the service, we went into the atrium to take a few pics by the pretty tree.  Avery with her grandparents, Grandma and Papa.
 

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!


Avery loves to crawl under everything now.   She found her tongue on Christmas Eve and most every picture her tongue is hanging out of her mouth.


 
Daddy helping Avery open a gift from Grandma and Papa.  She loves that toy.


Jason, Josh's brother, and his fiance, Chrissy.  They are getting married in less than a month.  We are so excited!


"I got new Ugg(like) boots for Christmas."

 
Having a serious conversation with Aunt Chrissy.


"Uncle Jason and Aunt Chrissy gave me morocco's.  I love them so much!" (Helmet is back on...we took it off so all her pictures were not in a helmet)


Christmas morning at home.  She was so blessed from her grandparents and aunts and uncles, we didn't need to get her anything.  But, we got her a chair and a few goodies.  She loves her new chair and crawls all over it.


"See my tongue."


Happy Girl!


Avery's best friend.  Thank goodness we have a dog that doesn't mind a little one crawling all over her and taking her toys.


"Sitting in my new chair."


Of all the new toys Avery got for Christmas, she still would rather have Hagen's toys.


Uncle Jason stopped by, and we were talking in the living room.  We looked up and Avery had crawled into our bedroom and was in the dog crate.  She is definitely a mischievous little girl.  


Christmas Day our whole family minus the cat.


My sister loaned me this jumper that was Carson's.  Avery LOVES it!


 
New Year's Eve...Avery was helping us wash dishes.


Well, Josh and the animals didn't make it midnight.


Happy 2010!  All of our little children together.  This rarely happens.


Finally our first project of 2010.  We transformed our front bedroom into a playroom.  We rarely have overnight visitors since fortunately our families live here.  If only I can talk Josh into removing his deer horns, then it would be perfect. :)


Hagen thinks we made the room for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment