Monday, March 29, 2010

Random thoughts

This is probably the first time I have blogged without a picture of Avery, but as my friend, Sherri, said yesterday, "I am feeling a bit bloggy."  Ok, that might have been a run-on sentence, but I perfectly placed the commas to make it seem like a good sentence. 

We have been quite busy lately but life is great.  Avery started swimming lessons three weeks ago.  It is a Mommy and Me class, and the first week went great.  She hardly cried...now to Week Two.  She immediately clung to me where her mouth was on my cheek.  It was so precious that I hardly cared if she wanted to swim.  I think she was a little more nervous because she knew what was to come.  Tomorrow is lesson # 3.  I will keep you posted.  I can't wait for Josh to come see how our little fish is doing in the water. 

We had a great weekend starting on Saturday with an Easter Egg Hunt for our church, Sugar Creek Baptist.  Our Sunday school class organized the entire thing and had it near several apartment complexes and neighborhoods.  It was a huge success.  The kids were precious, and I must say I was so honored to be in our class of wonderful servants.  The day was just beautiful and tons of fun.  Josh manned the snack table which was probably the worst place for him since he is a SWEET freak.  Who knows how many cupcakes he sneaked!  I was the photographer and had tons of fun taking pictures of these sweet families.  Josh's parents brought Avery up for a little while, but it was so sunny and we were worried our very fair-skinned child would get sunburned.  I had a face stick of sunscreen in the diaper bag.  I am looking for better ways to apply sunscreen...anyone heard of a wipe sunscreen?  That would be great for the diaper bag. 

We are on a spending freeze, but I did get a few cool things before I had to put a halt on frivolous spending.  Josh has said I work part-time now and spend more.  He comes a few days a week to a fun box on the front door.  Internet shopping is too easy.  I have fallen in love with Etsy If only I could think of something to sell there myself.  Finally, I got a very cool food scale (EatSmart Food Scale) recommended by Amanda from Kevin and Amanda's blog.  You never know when you might want to weigh something.  Josh is probably reading this wondering how he missed the arrival of this very cool tool.  Sorry Babe!

We are very excited for Avery's first Easter this Sunday.  It will be so fun to see her all dolled up for church, but I want to focus on the reason for the holiday.  The resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It is more than Easter eggs and bunnies.  I got Avery a book for her basket from Family Christian bookstore, and it had a great way of using bright colors and linking to Jesus.  We are so very thankful for our Savior.  We have been blessed far more than we could have imagined. 

Avery will be 11 months on April 1st.  It is so hard to believe that she will be one year old in a little over a month.  Where has the time gone??  Pics to come from Easter weekend.  Have a wonderful holiday weekend with your family everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. i use our food scale to weigh large envelopes to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the new Johnson & Johnson baby sunblock lotion? It's supposed to be "tear-free," which is great since that's what I always worry about with putting the lotion on Jude's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherri...great idea.

    Shara - I have been using the Water Babies one, and it isn't too greasy which is good. I found wipes for Water Babies, but they are so messy. Noelle had Arbonne ones the day we did the prayer walk. I loved them. i will keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete