Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Something is missing...


Today at Avery's helmet appointment, she finally graduated after a little over five months of wearing the helmet 23 hours a day.  It is so hard to believe! 

The scan on the left was Avery's top of her head on September 17th and the one on the right is the one today.  You can see her how the left side of her forehead was very flat and the back right had issues too.  Her head shape has changed so much!  The scanner is a big black box and Avery hates laying it.  You can see on the right pic my fingers trying to hold her neck straight.  The orthotist thought it was hysterical that I had a death grip on her. 

Five month review of Avery in her pretty helmet.  I painted it, we had it airbrused (no pics for that...it only lasted a few days because she looked like she hit the streets of the Ghetto) and then finally it was just plain pink. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Over the next week, she will wear the helmet just as a crash-test helmet as she will probably have a few bumps and bruises from falling. 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Erin, that is the BEST NEWS!!! YEA FOR AVERY!!! I can't believe the huge difference in those scans!! That helmet really did it's job! I wish I could give her a big hug...she is just the most precious little thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chalna! You are too sweet. I wish you weren't so far either..I imagine Avery and Collin would love each other. She loves kiddos. Take care!

    ReplyDelete