Saturday, July 31, 2010

All about Avery

This morning I decided to take a video of Avery eating her breakfast.  I realized there were a few pics that I never downloaded from my old (smaller) camera.  Avery is so much fun.  She will be 15 months tomorrow.  She is talking up a storm and will try to repeat anything you say.  She says uh-oh, oh wow, whoa, dada, mama, nana (for banana), eyes, hot, bye-bye, baby, shca(which we have learned is for Prisca, our cat), grits, outside.  Sometimes I swear she says "I stuck."  She loves playing with her baby doll and feeding it a bottle.  She kisses everything and says "Muah" after every kiss.

Avery is doing great at school.  She typically takes a good nap and plays very well with other kids.  The one downside is that she still isn't eating lunch.  I feed her breakfast at home because she is so picky and then she gets several snacks and good dinner at night, so she isn't starving.  I keep thinking she will see the other kids and start eating, but she is just stubborn.

We are getting excited about Baby #2.  We have our big ultrasound on August 20th.  I think we have decided to find out the sex.  When it really came down to it, I realized I am a planner.  Plus, I can't imagine how hard it is to not find out when the doctor can really see it?  If for some reason, we have another shy baby, I am going to take that as we shouldn't find out. :)  More to come later.  I am measuring a week ahead of my due date, but the doctor said it just means we will have another big baby.  Funny because Avery is in 90% for height but less than 50% for weight now. 

Here is our family pic on Father's Day celebrating Josh!  He is a wonderful Dad!  (Side note, this shirt is really loose  and puffy...I am not showing that much yet, just enough to look pudgy.) 
One day I was in the living room and thought it was pretty quiet so I went looking for Avery and she was in the chair in her room playing with her baby.  She had also found a pacifier under her changing table. 
She also loves necklaces.  She loves to wear them and put them on her baby.

Avery was eating her grits while watching Elmo, and I had to show you how she feeds herself.  She has to turn the spoon over every time.  It is so funny because we wish we could tell her she would lose less food if she ate it straight.  Next I will try to video her eating applesauce.  She would rather eat that with her hands.  Needless to say, we take lots of baths. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment