Friday, March 18, 2011

First trip to Walmart with Both Kids

Today was the big day to take the girls to Walmart for grocery shopping for the first time with two.  I have been up since 4AM so I was prepared.  When the girls woke up at 8:00A, I was already dressed, exercised, did two loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher.  It felt so very productive, but I feel like I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open now (I know..I should be napping instead of blogging). 

My friend, Sharla, told me yesterday her tip was taking the Baby Bjorn to put the little one in.  I planned for that and packed a very small diaper bag including my wallet, cell and two snacks for Avery (raisins and fruit snacks).  I fed Amelia to make sure she was happy and we were off to Wally Mart!

It took several minutes to get both girls out of the car and Amelia into the carrier.  She fussed a little at first, but then she ended up falling asleep and actually kept her paci in the entire time.  (Side note - with Avery I had cute paci holders with her name on them...with Amelia, I completely didn't even think to bring it...the differences with Number 2).  We left Avery's puppy in the car so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling out of the cart.  Avery held my hand and we walked into the store.  The shopping experience went really well.  I moved slower than normal since I was worried about Amelia in the carrier.  The only downside was trying to put cat litter into the bottom of the shopping cart.  I was having a really hard time and several people walked by but no one offered to help.  What happened to friendly people??

Anyway, all in all, it was a success!  I won't be doing it too often, but it can be done!  Sorry no pictures for this event...too much going on and worried Avery would have a FIT!

On another note, Amelia is sleeping so good.  She sleeps at night from 11 - 6:30 or 7, but I am trying to get her bedtime earlier because I normally wake her at 11 to feed her.  She is such a sweet baby.  She loves to rock in the glider, and she goes down so easily. 

Avery is saying so many words lately and now, she is really into sentences.  The other day she said "Mommy, Hagee (Hagen the dog) is barking at skirls (squirrels)."  When she hears other kids crying she says "Mommy, what happened?"  She loves reading Bible stories and will tell you when she is ready for her Bible Story.  It is really the sweetest thing.  She is completely into Nemo right now.  We DVRed the movie the other day, and she watches it at least once a day and would like more.

Rodeo pics next blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! Such a milestone!! :) I keep my Bjorn in the car at all times so it's always ready...just in case!

    ReplyDelete