Thursday, March 31, 2011

Houston, how I hate thee


Well, not totally Houston but this time of year! The pollen is just horrible around here and will probably be around a few more weeks. I looked out at Avery's swing today and thought there was a little varmit swinging and low and behold the "worms" have taken over. How gross! I have always called this pollen worms. Josh worked so hard to clean up our yard on Sunday, and it was back with a vengeance the next day.

The other thing I hate this time of year are the GNATS! I know you will think I am nuts, but I am allergic to gnat bites and they love my ears...of all things. Do you know how hard it is to itch your ears and how they can swell? I should take a pic of my ear in the mirror so you could see it. Everyone I tell says "are you sure it isn't mosquitoes?" NO, it is those darn gnats and for me, any kind of OFF doesn't work to keep them away. I have tried all the sprays and the OFF fan. No luck! So if you see me in the coming months, and my ears are swollen, you will know why! By the way, I even changed shampoos thinking that might be the thing they loved so much.

On another note, please pray for our girls who seem to have a little allergy to this weather and are stuffy/runny. I also took Amelia to the doctor today and the doc thinks she might have a milk allergy because she has horrible (to me at least) eczema and still spitting up a lot. So she put her on Nutramigen formula to see if that helps and if so, I can decide if I want to cut out all dairy from my diet or keep her on the formula. We will see. She doesn't love it so hopefully, she will learn to love it. Another thing is her thrush is also back. Poor girl, a diaper rash would be icing on the cake for this week. Please pray for Amelia and Avery.

Have a "sneeze-free" week!!

1 comment:

  1. oh no! i hate hearing that! i hope things calm down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete