Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two Delish Recipes to Share

I wanted to share two recipes that I have made recently.  They were both loved by my family...well, all but Avery since she is such a picky eater.

Shrimp Scampi (From Nun Better Cookbook - from Louisiana)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup dry or cooking sherry
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup minced parsley
hot cooked rice
Parmesan cheese

In shallow pan over low heat, melt butter.  Add sherry, garlic (I chopped mine), lemon juice, sugar, mixing well.  Arrange shrimp in a single layer in the sauce.  Spoon sauce over shrimp.  Broil at low heat for 8 minutes.  Remove from broiler and let stand for 15 minutes.  Sprinkle parsley over the shrimp.  Broil at high heat for 3 minutes.  Spoon over hot rice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

**Josh and I both loved this, and it was so simple.  He said he would have liked it over pasta, but I loved the rice to soak up the sauce.  YUMMY!

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants when I lived in San Antonio was Los Barrios.  My Great-Aunt Bernadine took me there, and I fell in love with it.  Before I moved away, I got one of their family cookbooks.  I made this recipe for my father-in-law's bday and for 4th of July.  It is a great SPICY dip.  I think you can turn down the heat with less serrano chiles.  It has a kick for sure!

Cilantro Dip

Ingredients:
1 cup sour cream
One 8-oz package cream cheese, at room temp
1/2 cup mayo
1 bunch cilantro, tough stems removed, finely chopped
3 serrano chiles, finely chopped
3 scallions, chopped
Dash of soy sauce
(I put the cilantro, chiles, and scallions in my mini food processor to chop)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.  Transfer to serving bowl.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Service with Tortilla Chips, Crackers or Raw Veggies.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MOLY, those sound GOOD!! I adore shrimp scampi so much and that sounds amazing! I LOVE recipe shares, so THANKS!! :-)

    ReplyDelete