Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Delicious Pumpkin Cake

Today was our week to bring food to Bible Study.  I brought some chicken salad with grapes and almonds (DELISH!) and this yummy pumpkin cake.  I honestly have no clue where I found this recipe because it was hand-written (by me) in my cookbook, but I didn't put where I got it from.  It was so moist and delicious.  Here is the recipe and hope you all enjoy! 

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cake:
16 oz canned solid packed pumpkin (I only found 15 oz)
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
5 T melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4  c. powdered sugar
2 - 4 tsp milk (I used three)

Instructions:
1) Beat pumpkin, sugar and oil.  Add eggs and mix well.
2) In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Add to pumpkin mixture and beat.  
3) Grease pan.  Pour batter into 15x10x1 jelly roll pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.  ( I just baked for 25 and it was perfect). Cover with a towel after 15 minutes of cooling. (I kept mine covered all night and iced in the morning). 
4) Frosting - beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla in mixing bowl until smooth.  Gradually add sugar.  Add milk until frosting reaches desired thickness.  

NOTE:  A jelly roll pan is a cookie sheet with a 1 inch side.  I had to do some research for that..haha! 

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Sounds SUPER yummy! And LOVE the plate too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin!! I forgot to tell you...I made your shrimp scampi last week! I had shrimp in the freezer and was looking around the pantry for something to do with them and remembered your blog post! I was out of sherry, so I used marsala instead, but it still turned out SO YUMMY! I made mine with linguine that I had on hand and it was fantastical! :-) Which brings me to today...I have a can of pumpkin sitting in the pantry and I am about to make this cake as we speak! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ended up using a 13x9 baking dish and cooked for 35 minutes. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just missed you all posts! I need to get emails of them because I miss them.

    So happy you made the Scampi and now the cake, Chalna!! I am glad you loved both.

    Sherri, I am excited to hear about the 9 x 13 pan because the jelly roll pan was a ton of thin cake. I just didn't want to mess it up since I had one try before Bible Study.

    ReplyDelete