Wednesday, December 8, 2010

35 week update

Well, I went to the doctor today for my weekly appointments now.  He said that I am measuring on target at 35 weeks.  He said "only five more weeks to go."  I told him that three weeks sounded better to me and that I didn't need another 8 lbs 6oz baby.  He just laughed!  I wanted to tell him that I am serious!  With that being said, I have had another wonderful pregnancy so I can't complain at all.  My doctor said she is definitely head down.  I am thankful for that.  So, now I have decided that I just need to enjoy this next month of a peaceful household.  I still have a lot of energy and get many things accomplished each day.  I have all of my Christmas shopping done and now just need to wrap away.  It is such a great feeling.  Josh got the bassinet down and the bedding is washed.  The carseat is in the garage, but I haven't had a chance to wash everything.  I still have to clean out the closet in Amelia's room and find the vacuum sealed bag with all the newborn clothes.  Then I think we might be ready! 

Avery successfully moved into her big girl room on Sunday night.  She is still in a crib, but she is sleeping with her new pillow that her Ma Z made her.  She is sleeping great during the night and the day.  I couldn't have asked for a better transition.  We are on Day 3 of only having the pacifier or as Avery calls is PASS during nap or night time.  On Monday while driving to day care, she kept saying "Pass" so sadly, it just made giggle inside, but I kept telling her that is in her bed and she could get it at night.  Today she happily talked to me the whole way and I sang "Jingle Bells" over and over again.  Each time I would finish the song, she would say "Jingle." 

If I get brave, I will post a picture of my 35 week belly.  With a shirt on of course...I am not that brave. :)  Though, I do have good genes (Thanks Mom!); I haven't had the pleasure of any stretches marks.  I am just very "veiny."  My stomach and chest looks like it has a map drawn on it.  Might have been too much information! 

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. my tummy looked the same way!!! actually my whole body looks like that all the time. lol poor kane got it from me. michael looked at our christmas card pic the other day and asked if i was sending sunglasses with the card bc kane is so pale he glows. lol the picture is kind of underdeveloped but we liked it so oh well!
    so excited for you! and good job avery for changing rooms with no problems! thats adorable that she talked to you the whole way to school. she sounds so grown up! just in time for baby!

    ReplyDelete