Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Painful day

I have always wanted to get Avery's ears pierced.  Josh was even on board, but then when it really came down to it I wasn't able to do that to my baby.  Well, she has become a girly girl and is always looking at my earrings saying "earwing."  We started asking her a few weeks ago if she wanted earrings and she would shake her head and say "YES."  My sister told me a few weeks ago that she noticed that my nephew's ENT doctor pierced ears.  I started to feel a bit better about doing it.  So, today was the big day!  I don't know who it was more traumatic for....Avery, me or my mother.  I talked my mom into going with us.  After the first ear, I wondered if we were going to get the second earring.  My mom took these pictures with her phone so I could remember the trauma I put her through.  So sad!! 
After the first ear and the screaming began, the doctor's assistant gave her a sucker. It really did help even though this picture doesn't show it.  By the way, look at my big belly!  36 weeks.
 The second ear took three attempts because she was moving so much.  I had to hold her head and put her legs between mine.  It was really horrible.  She is holding on to her favorite puppy for dear life.  
Happy to say that she made it and by the time she was in the car, she was happy eating her sucker and cheerios.  Josh and I knew she loved them when we showed them to her in the mirror, she tilted her head and smiled.  Her earrings are little pearls with gold around the edge.  You can barely see them.  I took this tonight after her bath.  
A little closer look.  The doctor said to use Neosporin instead of alcohol to turn the earrings for three weeks.  She has barely touched them.  I hope and pray she will keep it that way.  She is a very strong-willed girl!
Love this face..."not another picture, Mommy."  Did I mention she also had a little fall this morning and busted her lip below and cut the top?  She also has one of the worst diaper rashes she has ever had.  (We are thinking/hoping more teeth are coming)  So, it was a bit of a painful day!! 


1 comment:

  1. poor sweet angel! she sure does look precious though! and look at your belly!!! you look so cute. love your belly.

    ReplyDelete