Monday, January 31, 2011

Potty Training

I forgot to mention that Avery pee-peed in the potty on Saturday for the first time!!!  She has been so interested since Carson started using the potty in the fall.  When we went for her 18 month check-up, the doctor was talking and she sat on the little stool in the room and said "tee tee" and then walked around sat back down on it again and said "poo poo."  The doctor was impressed she was talking about it.  Since I am home on maternity leave, I thought it would be a good time to start training.  We got her the little lid that sits on the toliet.  It has Dora on it.  We are going to get a little potty too.  On Saturday night, I sat her on it before her bath, and she was so excited.  We talked for a few minutes and the next thing I knew, she was going.  It was so exciting, and you could see the HUGE smile on her face.  She kept saying "I pee-peed in the potty." 

Now, I need advice on what to do next.  I am going to do some internet research.  Josh took her yesterday to Children's Place and got some Big Girl undies for when we actually start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment